The LIFT Executive is made up of a core membership which includes Headteachers of primary, secondary and special schools, managers of Early Years settings, the SLA holding special school Headteacher, District Co-ordinator and Senior Educational Psychologist. The Area Provision Evaluation Officer, PRU manager or any other identified appropriate professional may also be co-opted members.
The aim of the LIFT Executive is to;
- Oversee and develop all aspects of the LIFT’s work.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of work undertaken within the District Teams.
- Monitor and report on progress for children and young people who receive support from the STLS.
- Analyse the SEND performance of the district in comparison to other districts and take action to bring about improvements.
- Make decisions related to “Team around the School” requests.
- Monitor expenditure of the total district SEND outreach funding.
- To report back to the County Strategic Board.
The Executive will meet 6 times annually, one meeting each term. At least one of these meetings could be a multi-district LIFT Executive meeting with members from Dartford and Sevenoaks. The Executive will receive reports from District Coordinators and minutes of meetings will be taken and made available to the County Strategic Board.
The Executive LIFT will also be responsible for developing a District Plan identifying priorities in Gravesham.