Please find below home learning resources:
LI: To retell events in the story Jack and Jill went up the hill.
Read the PowerPoint of Jack and Jill went up the Hill. Ask questions from the story.
- sequence the nursery rhyme in the correct order (see Jack and Jill sequencing worksheet). Discuss each picture.
- Comprehension activity: answer questions about the story. Circle the right answer.
LI: To retell events in the story Humpty Dumpty.
Read the PowerPoint of Humpty Dumpty. Ask questions from the PowerPoint.
Choose activities appropriate for you child.
Hard: Sequence the story of Humpty Dumpty and write a sentence to go with each of the pictures.
Medium: Sequence the story of Humpty Dumpty and copy-write the sentences to go with the pictures.
Easy: Sequence the story of Humpty Dumpty. Choose your favourite picture and copy-write the sentence to go with your picture.
LI: To describe animals from the Old Mc Donald song.
Use the PowerPoint and backing track to sing the song of Old MacDonald Had A Farm. Ask questions about which animals there were in the song.
Choose worksheets appropriate for your child.
- Hard: write a sentence to go with each farm animal.
- Medium: write the names of the animals.
- Easy: copy-write or over-write the animal words. (see the worksheets)
LI: To identify key words/rhymes in a poem.
Read Pat a cake nursery rhyme. Encourage your child to join in reading/verbalising key words from the rhyme.
Read it again. Pause before reading the rhyming word (every other verse) and invite your child to identify the missing rhyme.
- Easy task: Identify rhymes from the list (see I can identify these words in the poem worksheet).
- Medium: Identify missing rhymes or think of your own words/phrases to complete the missing verses. (see the worksheet Pat a cake missing rhymes).
- Hard: write down rhyming words from the poem. See the worksheet:
I can identify these rhymes.