Communication and Sensory Ideas
- Search ‘Attention Autism’ and Gina the creator of Attention Autism is posting up daily videos of sensory ideas and activities.
- Join the ‘Teaching PMLD’ Facebook group for ideas and support.
- Soundabout will be doing regular live making music sessions for learners with SLD and PMLD.
- Join ‘Meopham Rainbow Trail’ How to play- children draw/ paint/ cut out a rainbow and put it up at their window, children can count how many they see when they go for a walk around. If you don’t live in Meopham maybe start in your area!
- Singing Hands use singing and Makaton signs to tell stories and sing nursery rhymes and pop songs. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=singing+hands
- Make your own sensory bottle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7zp7KbxbKY
- Help Kidz Learn have a free 14 day trial for some of their iPad and eye gaze games https://www.helpkidzlearn.com/updates/school-closure.html
- Working for cards with 3/ 4/ 5 stars- Reward positive behaviour by making a deal and working towards a motivational toy/ activity
- Now/ next cards- Add predictability to routines by visually displaying what is happening now and coming next.
- Visual timetable symbols- create a visual timetable for the day, add a finished box to help children transition to the next activity.